Well here we are...eleven days after getting out of PGN and we still do not have any additional information. Talk about an anti-climatic event! Our caseworker is on vacation this week so we will have to wait until Monday for an update. I would like to know the following:
* Has the new birth certificate been received from Coban?
* Has the birthmother signed off on the dossier for the fourth and final time?
* Have the necessary documents been translated yet?
* Have we been submitted for pink?
We are anxious to make our flight arrangements. We have been experiencing a little bit of sticker shock as we start looking at possible flights. The flights will be about twice as much as they were in February & April. Oh well, we plan on being in debt for the rest of our lives (especially with three children)!
We leave for vacation on Saturday, July 14th. We will be going to Myrtle Beach for a week. Our boys, Patrick and Luke, are looking forward to spending the week with their cousins. We were so hoping to have Miranda home with us but that isn't God's plan. We will take the opportunity to spoil the boys rotten since their lives are going to change once Miranda comes home.
I did take the opportunity to shop for some new clothes for Miranda. She weighs about 18 pounds now. I bought several cute outfits, especially her "Welcome to the United States" coming home outfit.
I'll post once I have some additional information to share.
Friday, July 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh, that's soooo frustrating? Someone should take over for those who are on vacation so families don't have to wait for information. I didn't get my requested weekly update yesterday so I assumed the coordinator was on vacation :-(. The waiting is torture.
On the bright side you are sooooo close to bringing Miranda home!!!! Have a great vacation. Relax and enjoy, time will pass quickly, it always does when you are on vacation. Then you will be off to Guatemala before you know it!! YEAH!!
I am sorry you haven't gotten any news yet. That would drive me crazy. I am not cut out for that kind of waiting. I know a family who lost their child through transplant (like Andrew had) and adopted a child later. What adventures they had bringing him home!!!! Here is their web page if you want to read it. www.caringbridge.org/hi/kyan
All is well now and I know everything will work out for you and Miranda too. I can't wait for her to get here. Anne
Hoping and praying you hear news soon!
Miranda is such a cutie! My husband and I are also adopting a little girl from Guatemala, but we are still waiting to get into family court. It has been a long a difficult process, but seeing you almost there gives me hope that it will eventually move along. I hope you get some good news soon!
Post a Comment