Thursday, June 21, 2007

Nine Weeks in PGN

I'm sad to say that we are still in PGN. Today marks our ninth week. I do have some good news to share. My friend Kristin begged, borrowed, and stole to get the direct # for PGN. She gave me her # for her international calling card and it had 19 minutes left on the card. So I called PGN and got through to a man that spoke a little bit of English, which is more Spanish that I can speak. We were having some communication difficulty but we finally got to the point where he was going to tell me the status of our file. Guess what? My card ran out of minutes!!!!!!!!! Ugh!
I was totally freaking out. I called everyone that I could think of to tell them what happened.

I called Eric (my brother-in-law) and left him a message. He has friends, Jose & Mariana, that speak Spanish. Eric arranged for me to go to their house after work so Mariana could call Guatemala for me. After two hours of delays, she was finally able to get through to PGN. She spoke with a nice lady named Laura. Laura informed Mariana that our file was sitting on the director's desk waiting to be signed; however, there was still a chance that the director could personally kick out our file. Laura said that the file should be signed next week and we could call back for new information at that time.

This is more information that we have had in nine weeks. We are getting so close! Once our file exits PGN approved, it goes to the US Embassy. The embassy will set an appointment for the exit interview.

Please continue to pray that the rest of our process goes smoothly.

4 comments:

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

Good news that you are at very close to exiting PGN. I pray that the director is in a good mood today and decides to sign off on your file before leaving for the day.

Anonymous said...

Thinking about and praying for you all LOTS! Can't wait for Miranda to be here with you! The Eylers

Kim and Olav said...

fyi you can call and ask to speak to someone who can habla ingles. Make sure you speak with a lady. The man doesn't know so much!

Good luck! We were kicked out last tuesday with 7 previews and our file continues to sit at the pgn pickup window!

I hope the upcoming week brings you good news!

Kim (Lily's mother_

Kim and Olav said...

p.s. my email is kimmiesmile@hotmail.com

Once miranda and lily get home we'll have to meet!

kim