Hello from Guatemala! Today is Sunday, July 29th and in two days we will be home forever! The time has been going very slowly. I guess the anticipation is killing us. We can't wait to touch down in Houston because Miranda will automatically become a US citizen!!! It will be even more exciting to touch down in Baltimore so we can see our family, especially Patrick and Luke.
Today we are going to Antigua. It is about 40 minutes from Guatemala City. We are taking a guided tour with another couple from our agency. We are hoping to be able to see some real Mayan ruins, and a little bit of how people live. Also we are looking forward to shopping in the local markets.
We will be home very soon and we can't wait for everyone to be able to finally meet our little princess!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Jim & Tracy -
YYYAAAHHHOOOOO! I have been checking several times a day since you left hoping that you would be able to send some sort of update as to how things were going. I've been praying since I spoke with you that things would go smoothly. I must admit reading this blog update, I had goose-bumps! Kevin and I cannot begin to tell you how elated we are for you both! Miranda has been blessed with two wonderful parents and a very loving family! I have baptism info for you but we can talk once you get back home and things settle down a little...yeah right :) We can't wait to meet Miranda. The church office is closed this Friday, Aug. 3rd but maybe we will touch base to see if we can come visit for a little bit.
Love you guys and God's blessings for a speedy but safe trip home.
Kevin & Shari
Yeah!!!! Only 2 more days and you all will be home! Have a safe trip! I can't wait to see pictures.
Sharon
So glad to hear from you! I have been watching the site every night! Can't wait to see you guys and meet Miranda once you are home and things settle down. Give her bigs hugs and kisses from the Eyler girls. Have a safe trip home!
~The Eylers~
I hope everything is fantastic and going as planned. I hope you are just too busy and filled with joy to update your blog.
Jeff left Sun for the Bloomington trip. That was tough. We haven't been apart this long since Andrew was transplanted. I am glad you didn't have to go.
Hope to be reading all your happy news soon and seeing lots of beautiful pics. Love, Anne
Tracy,
I am so glad you posted some pictures. She is soooo cute. Looks like everyone is doing well.
Keep the pictures coming!
Sharon
I personally think it's nice you decided to adopt, but I think it's a disgrace to all of you who have failed your OWN country with adoptions. Instead of wasting your money on adopting and supporting from other countries, concentrate on helping 10000 of helpless children born in your OWN country that are born and left every day on YOUR hospital doorsteps from irresponsible parents who had children out of wedlock and not ready to raise kids. As a health care worker, and former American adopted child, is a disgrace that you refuse to help my fellow american brother's and sisters to have a chance at a nice home life. If you did your research, you would see, in KEY WEST alone, they have one of the highest percentage of homeless children needing a good home. If you like Guada that much, then move there and help support their government and humans.
congratulations. I am hoping for what you have. I am a waiting mother for my daughter in Guatemala.
www.journeytomercy.blogspot.com
Post a Comment