For those of you in the adoption world, you know what this means. For everyone else, PINK is the official notification from the US Embassy re: the time and date of your embassy appointment. Between the time that Miranda's file exited PGN and now the following things have taken place:
1. New birth certificate issued in the name Deysi Marbella Ochs
2. Birthmother signs off on the adoption for the fourth and final time
3. Miranda had to have an exit exam by a US physician
4. Our file is submitted to the US Embassy. If everything is in order, they issue you an appointment date and time on a pink slip of paper...thus an actual pink slip.
Our appointment date is Friday, July 27th at 7:15 a.m. We are leaving for Guatemala on Thursday. We will arrive back in Baltimore Tuesday night, after a brief layover in Houston, TX. Miranda's visa will be ready 24 hours after our PINK appointment; however, since this would be Saturday we have to wait to pick up her visa on Monday.
We came home from our vacation one day early. We have so much to do. Make flight arrangements, hotel arrangements, wash and repack our suitcases, and get all of our final documents in order.
Stay tuned for more information!
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Congrats on pink! Have a great pick up trip!
Lisa
http://our-journey-for-sophia.blogspot.com/
So happy for you all! Can't wait to meet Miranda! I bet the boys are so excited. Safe trip!
So happy for you all! Can't wait to meet Miranda! I bet the boys are so excited. Safe trip!
The Eyler 6
This is so exciting!!!!! Congratulations! I hope I get to meet her someday when I'm visiting Dana! How do you pronounce Deysi?
Have a very safe trip.
We are so excited for you. I can't wait until you get home so we can see your sweet new baby. I hope you have a smooth and wonderful trip. Welcome home Miranda!!! Love, Anne, Jeff, Hannah and Andrew Himes
Post a Comment